Heart Saver - CPR and AED Training and Certification
Heart Saver - CPR / AED Training
Certification from the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR / AED course was developed for people with minimal or no training. This course is often taken to satisfy employment or regulatory requirements specific to positions requiring CPR certification and/or CPR cards. Additionally, this course is perfect for anyone who wants to be able to help their family and community in the event of a cardiac emergency.
The Heartsaver CPR / AED course provides training in the proper technique for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with and without the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The course is regularly updated with the most current research and science from the American Heart Association.
If you are called on to give CPR in an emergency, you will most likely be trying to save the life of someone you love.
Heart Saver - Course Contents
- An understanding of how properly administered CPR improves the chance of survival
- The “chain of survival”, or order of intervention techniques, that ensure the greatest chance of saving the patient
- Identify when a patient is in need of CPR
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques for infants, children, and adults
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on infants, children, and adults
- Techniques for giving breaths / ventilations with and without the use of a barrier device
- How to clear an airway in choking infants, children, and adults